What is it
Our Management Development program engages new Managers to gain the basic skills of Management. The program is normally run as a suite of programs tailored to an organisation’s individual needs.
Each of the modules are generally run as 4 hour sessions – examples of some of the topic objectives are detailed below. Other sessions include: Motivation, Influencing & Negotiation, Performance Review, Goal Setting, Continuous Improvement, Building Strong Teams, Recruitment & Selection and Finance & Budgets.
- Describe the process of communication and identify factors that degrade or interfere with effective communication
- Identify different methods of communication and selecting when it is appropriate to use them
- Identify the importance of information & communication in the effective management of activities
- Describe the scale of change within your organisation
- Describe their role in managing change within your organisation
- Describe the dynamics of change
- Take actions to help you and your staff to cope with change
- Apply the principles of efficient time management and methodical working
- Formulate personal goals, prioritise & plans
- Use lists, action plans, timetables & charts
- Implement follow up systems to ensure time has been used effectively
Effective Group Working
- Run effective meetings
- Describe how meetings reflect organisational performance
- Help to facilitate an effective meeting when they are an attendee
Managing Poor Performance
- Describe how to manage poor performance
- Identify when to use counselling or disciplinary hearings
- Demonstrate counselling skills
- Describe the purpose of the disciplinary & appeals procedure
- Describe the Leaders’ role in the disciplinary process
- Gain practical experience in conducting disciplinary hearings
Presenting with Confidence
- Plan and prepare an effective & successful presentation: notes, timing & visual aids
- Describe methods on how to speak to a wide variety of groups with more confidence
- Explain how to maintain audience interest
- Describe how to get a clearer, more coherent message across
Individuals who are new to Management roles or individuals looking to progress into Management roles.
Costs: On request depending on individual design requirements.